This position is responsible for 24- hour operations and accountability of the behavioral health inpatient unit to support patient/family focused, high performance/ high commitment care.3 Cs:
Care – Provide the best possible patient care
· Provides and defines standards for quality patient care.
· Develops, manages and evaluates work team performance.
· Hires, supervises and evaluation of all staff along with handling performance management issues.
· Consults with staff, physicians on nursing problems and interpretation of facility policies to ensure patient needs are met.
· Provides nursing care through physical and mental assessments, laboratory testing, plans of care and therapeutic treatments.
· Participates in formulation of patient treatment plans.
· Performs medication teaching and the management of therapeutic milieus.
· Knowledge of a wide range of disorders; cognitive, emotional, developmental, social and behavioral.
· Performs crisis intervention.
Compliance – Ensure the program operates within all regulations
· Maintains regulatory requirements.
· Participates in development and maintenance of policy and procedures and is accountable for compliance with all pertinent standards along with local, state, and federal requirement.
· Maintains performance improvement activities within the department and participates in CQI activities.
· Provides mandatory and voluntary in-service training of specialized treatments and therapies
· Community – Become a wonderful addition to your local community
o Development of annual and quarterly business plans.
o Makes presentations in the community supporting the program.
o Assists in formulating and managing the budget.QualificationsMasters Degree Nursing preferred.Current Licensure as a Registered Nurse in Arkansas.Four years'experience working in psychiatric behavioral health.Management experience preferred.BLSCPI training will be provided.Basic computer knowledgeStrong interpersonal skillsWorking Conditions
Employee may work in high stress direct patient care areas. Stress levels may be high due to frequent dealings with life and death situations, physicians, families and other healthcare providers. Demands high levels of concentration and the ability to work in emotionally charged situations.Physical Requirements
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. This position required intermittent physical activity, including standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping and crouching as well as lifting, driving and supporting patients.Direct Reports
This position manages the staff.BenefitsMonday through Friday scheduleNo after-hours callCompetitive salary and benefitsDiverse roles including clinical, leadership, and community liaisonMatching 401K with immediate vestingRelocation assistance considered
- Click here to learn more about PMC’s excellent benefitsAbout PMC/Senior Life Solutions
Founded in 2003, Psychiatric Medical Care manages more than 65 Senior Life Solutions programs across the U.S. Senior Life Solutions is an intensive outpatient behavioral healthcare program designed to meet the needs of adults over the age of 65 who are struggling with symptoms of depression or anxiety often related to aging. Patients are offered services by an interdisciplinary team of caring, experienced, behavioral health professionals, which includes a psychiatrist, licensed therapist, and registered nurse.
To ensure we retain and invest in great people, PMC
provides its employees with excellent benefits, recognition, training, and the opportunities needed for professional growth. Join us in making a difference in the lives of seniors in your community.