This position provides nursing care through direct and indirect patient care that meets the psychosocial, physical and general aspects of patient care.
· Provides nursing care through observation, assessment, nursing diagnosis, planning intervention and evaluation of care and therapeutic treatments.
· Provide health teaching and counseling, promote wellness, health maintenance and illness prevention.
· Meets the communication needs of patient and family.
· Knowledgeable of a wide range of disorders, cognitive, emotional, developmental, social and behavioral.
· Provides care that reflects initiative and responsibility indicative of professional expectations.
· Performs crisis intervention.
· Participates in the unit’s performance improvement and continuous quality improvement (CQI) activities.
· Provides and defines standards for quality patient care.
· Expected to maintain confidentiality of protected patient information (PHI)Qualifications:
* Licensed as a Registered Nurse in the State of West Virginia.
* One-year experience in a psychiatric setting.
* Current CPR required.
* CPI training will be provided
* Basic computer knowledge
* Strong interpersonal skillsBenefits of Working for DHS:
Davis Health System is committed to offering employees a comprehensive, competitive and affordable benefit package. We also continuously seek to improve and expand the benefits available to our employees. Some of these benefits include:
· Medical, Dental, Vision & Prescription Coverage
· Life Insurance
· Long Term Disability Insurance
· Paid Time Off
· Retirement Plan
You also have the option to choose universal life insurance; short-term disability, accident insurance and can choose to participate in a flexible spending account for healthcare and dependent care.Note: This position is employed by the hospital. It is not a PMC position.Job Type:
Please visit this link to apply for day shift
Please visit this link to apply for night shift