Job purposeEducation: master’s degree in social work from an accredited graduate school of social work or master’s degree in other counseling related field.Licensure: License in Social Work or Counseling as recognized by state. May include LCSW, LPC, LMFT, etc.Certification: Must meet any applicable state certification standards.Experience: Two to three years of clinical experience with older persons, extensive group work, hospital or nursing home experience preferred.
The Regional Therapist travels to multiple programs and provides therapeutic services for patients utilizing group, individual, and family therapy sessions to older adults in an intensive outpatient environment. They work within a small, interdisciplinary team with a focus on quality patient care and provision of services ordered by a physician. The Regional documents all completed services in compliance with provided standards and regulations and is thorough with details and organization. The Regional Therapist also provides supervision to PRN Therapists and coordinates scheduling and credentialing for these positions throughout the designated regions and states, as directed by the Senior Regional Director.
Care – Provide the best possible patient care
Compliance – Ensure the program operates within all regulations
Community – Become a wonderful addition to your local community
Care: All employees are expected to provide the best possible patient care.
1. Ensure accurate completion of group psychotherapy notes for each patient.
2. Ensure accurate completion of treatment plans, as needed.
3. Demonstrate understanding of mental health assessment of older adults.
4. Demonstrate an understanding of gerontological counseling treatment, group therapy, theory, and evidenced based practices.
5. Provide understanding of gerontological case management.
6. Ensure understanding of mental disorders associated with aging.
7. Work with Regional Directors to provide coverage and schedule PRN Therapists to work at multiple programs when they are in need of therapy coverage.
Compliance: Ensure the program operates within all regulations
1. Participate in outcome studies timelines, understanding of administration of the tests and when they are to be reported, as needed.
2. Participate in treatment team meetings with medical director, as needed.
3. Comply with 25-point check list.
4. Complete all notes in prescribed timeline.
5. Work with Regional Directors, Program Directors, and PRN Therapists to coordinate credentialing and employment setup when necessary.
6. Comply with all regulations.
Community: Become a wonderful addition to your local community.
1. Ensure smooth transitions to PRN coverage support when working within different hospital environments.
2. Participate in customer service training as it relates to community integration.
3. Present Senior Life Solutions to communities or regions as directed by Senior Regional Director.
4. Participate in cohesive team environment to ensure program success.
Incumbent will be exposed to virus, disease, infection from patients. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to outside weather conditions. Overnight travel is expected with travel being required up to 80% of the time.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. This position required intermittent physical activity, including standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping and crouching as well as traveling for hours by airplane and car.
Designated PRN Therapists